Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Norovirus

 Is it me, or is something going around?  Couple other friends of mine say that they have been stricken with norovirus, and I looked it up...they may be on to something.  Last night I clocked out a little before 11, and woke up a little after 6, had some twilight sleep til 7...and it was glorious.  I did feel better today, then hit a wall late in the afternoon.  I feel a bit odd; not terribly ill, but definitely off.  Could be anything -- change in weather, OC duty, whatnot -- but I do not like it, for a bunch of reasons.

Finally finished my book today -- King Arthur's Wars -- about the Anglo-Saxon takeover of England.  Very interesting (33 for the year); sort of demolished the idea of the Romans abandoning Britain and letting barbarians run amok.  Lots of discussions of military strategy, archaeology, and revisionist thinking, who wouldn't love it?

https://www.slashfilm.com/673162/heres-why-movie-dialogue-has-gotten-more-difficult-to-understand-and-three-ways-to-fix-it/?utm_source=pocket_mylist&fbclid=IwAR2FB3AwCIomZ2F_ZFAlPpU1rZfCAs-lIFQKY_RvcYcfgLgGr5tcFhBvBCs

Interesting; I always assumed it was that I was deaf or that my home sound system is 17 years old, but I rather prefer this one...

I am vastly amused by all of the hullabaloo over the Italian elections.  Not that the first female PM is a big deal, but...given the ephemeral nature of Italian political coalitions, she could be gone in a season.  I guess I will be more impressed if she can stick around and actually do something.  Italy is example 1 of why a multi-party democracy is problematic, and why I don't want one here, and, secretly, I believe, most people don't either.  In the meantime, we can all sit back and enjoy the trainwreck on the left...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home