Sunday, September 25, 2022

Mattie and his Malcontents

 Interesting weekend... of course, today...I slept through the alarm, and woke up at ten to 8 (I was out late last night, friend's bday fest).  Whoops.  A quick but thorough shower (I do tend to linger in there and crystallize my thoughts), teeth brush, check the schedule (I was the Eucharistic Minister, of all days), and, of course, a self-reminder that only Hope and Changers sleep in and miss Mass... and I made it in with minutes to spare.  So I guess it worked out fine, but the lack of discipline is of course appalling.

Speaking of, I need to do some long-term -- for the food pantry, the SVDP, when I am going to actually make the brownies for the Festival, calling and getting some estimates (good luck) for the new bathroom --- in short, adulting.  There are many reasons why I have not done some of these things -- other stuff in the way, life, work, achieving other goals -- but I think I need to tackle a couple of these, as well.

Those were some brief, but intense, thunderstorms last night... about 2:30 or so.  Didn't last long, I don't think, but considering the lateness of the year, and the cooler temperatures... it sounded and seemed impressive.  I mean, it feels like autumn already...dark later, the 30-degree drop in temperature, the leaves shading ever so slightly darker... sigh.

OC duty yesterday and it was surprisingly; we were a bit short of volunteers, so I had to do a bit more (which is fine).  We had a rush early and one late, but steady the rest of the day... we made sure we ran out of produce, as our operations manager complained they had to throw away.  This amused me, as -- let's face it -- no one eats kale, and certainly not our clients.  So of course yesterday there were about 50 spaghetti squash... we gave away half, most of which went to the volunteers.  And, of course, the recycling bins were full, not that we filled.  So today I went into full Matt the Meanie mode -- reminding everyone else at the parish complex that they, too, can call the recycling people and ask them to pick up our bins, and then suggesting that maybe we not take all the produce, especially if we cannot use it.  Couple of people emailed to agree with me, which is... well, pleasing and surprising (not really, but you get the drift).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSbt84KBRdw
Interesting...this story still fascinates me, for a bunch of reasons... mainly, how stupid could they be, and how come we as the GOP are not weaponizing this against them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home