Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Recovery

 For all my talk of a lost weekend, yesterday was a lost day.  Sunday at the Festival I fell -- forgot to sweep the greasy floor the night before -- and while I avoided major injury...well, let's just say that like soup, the hurt is better the next day.  I probably didn't need to wake up at 7 AM (low blood sugar alarm), snack up, and decide to lift.  Anyways, I was sort ALL over -- especially the back and arms -- to the point that I popped an OTC pain pill last night.  I mean, I am always tired after the PF, but this was...not that.  I even napped, and while I enjoyed dinner with my sister (the family tradition was lunch with Mom at Panera to go over the Festival), I prolly should have been in bed, or something.  My sister has been reminding me that I am not as young as I used to be and cannot do the things I used to do, which I appreciated about as much as she did when I called her Mom every time she said that.  It is a loving family.

Today I slept in (til 7) and skipped the gym (bad); I feel much better but not totally healed.  Eating PF leftovers, while delicious and frugal, is also not helping; need some healthier fare (soon).  Work was quite busy and in consequence of doing 14 things at once, not all were done, but tomorrow is another day.  My boss was slightly amused by my pulling hair out over not getting the list done by yesterday.  I think I am not used to this new work concept, even now...

Tonight I went to St. Adalbert's -- the one in Fairfax -- where they are starting an SVDP Conference.  Didn't see the church, but saw some of the school (impressive complex) and met the team -- they seem like a good bunch, and I (along with the rest of the leadership) was able to pass along some pointers and ideas for future work.  The area needs the help, and I hope I can do my small part in providing it.  I think if we can get two more up and running...well, it would be a missionary start.

Yes, I missed the Ohio Senate debate, but I saved it, and will watch soon.  Not that I need help in divining a candidate, but as a politics junkie, it would behoove me to watch my own race.  

https://www.pillarcatholic.com/steubenville-diocese-could-soon-face-merger/?ref=The+Pillar+Post-newsletter

Interesting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home