Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Long-Term Plans

 Good day today... got a bunch of stuff done at work, had the arborist over to give me a (good) price on cutting down some of the dead trees in the back yard, and had an extended trip on the exercise bike.  I think I have given up on losing weight; I mean, it's just hard.  I also need to add some muscle, especially in the arms area.... need to add weight, or get a trainer again to set me on the path.  Oi.  I also need to plant trees -- back and front yards -- to replace those that have been lost.  I know it is not priority one (and spending on tree removal is affecting the bathroom replacement) but...it would be nice.  I remember the weeping willows in the backyard when I was a kid, and they were so pretty, and sounded so well.  Alas.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-10-islet-transplant-method-insulin-independence.html

This is good.  Honestly, I have always wondered why more of this has not been pursued.  Ok, the obvious, insulin is more profitable.  But... if the disease is caused by a malfunction in the islet cells, getting them replaced should be something that has to be considered.  I am glad they are working on the worst case scenarios, if you will, but... faster, please!

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/10/18/kari-lake-goes-savage-on-reporter-for-dubbing-her-an-election-denier-n1638011

This is awesome.  I mean, the more I see of her, the more I love her; the polish, the attacking mentality... it is impressive.  Her opponent, Katie Hobbs, is... well, a trainwreck; not even the not debating thing, but her public appearances...oi.  It doesn't help that Lake has decades of anchoring to give her the perfect media presence, but...  I am in love.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/16/how-desantis-and-florida-republicans-are-reshaping-higher-education-00061980
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/10/14/desantis-greatest-foe-its-hubris-00061211

I see the long knives are out for Ron DeSantis... not that I am surprised, but...one wonders who is pushing this.  Trump and his team?  Some other GOPer (Youngkin?)  I mean, I don't think the average reporter is smart enough to do this; hell, Kari Lake has shown that they can't even do election denying...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home