Sunday, October 23, 2022

First World Travails

 Grr... the Behemoth is having trouble.  I noticed the past couple of days it was slightly more difficult to start the car, and then today... I had to rev the engine and flood it to get it to start.  Oi.  I made it home -- skipped the gym after Mass -- and will call tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment (assuming it starts).  I mean, it's fine -- I have plenty of grub, no need to go anywhere for a couple of days -- but with all of the other expenses I have had (water heater, tree removal)... well, we are well back to square one on debt reduction.  Ugh.

At least, with the prospect of being home, I was productive today... updating the food pantry budget, handled some paperwork, did some emailing of other comanagers, emailed the Conference Presidents for the month checkup... to be sure, all of this I could have done a bit ago (or should have), but I put it off (stupidly) and it was good to do so now... also called the insurance company to go over/fight with them over some prescriptions, which was...lovely?  I mean, it's not awful (another First World problem, if you will) but it was quite the runaround to get a Prior Authorization.  As I often say, oi.

Yesterday I did some errands and then I checked out the Our Lady of Czechostowa shrine in Garfield Heights.  Funny; we have all these shrines in the Diocese, and I haven't seen any of them, and so I decided I should remedy that.  It's a bit hard to find on the penguins' complex; I nave a sense for these things, and eventually I found some stele, which I realized were actually the Stations of the Cross...  Anyways, it's not a very large structure, but nice; very pretty inside, the stained glass windows and the mosaic work is quite beautiful.  It was a bit nippy, so I should return in the summer, but it was a nice few moments of my time to reflect.  Which I should do more of...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home