Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Out For Blood

 So, today I did something different, sort of; I went to dinner.  I decided that today was a good day to run through the pile of gift cards and off I went to Bonefish Grill.  It was...pretty good; bit pricey (what isn't), but I liked it and would go back.  I had the cod almondine (stuffed with cheese and seafood), rice, and green beans, and the bread (prolly should have skipped due to deliciousness) and it was quite good -- cooked perfectly.  Service was fine, and, for all the talk of a recession and inflation...there were quite a few people there on a Tuesday.  

Went to Mass this morning.  Now, I knew it was a Holy Day of Obligation, and we all know what kind of people skip Holy Day of Obligation Masses (Democrats), so I was up early and at them...but I did forget that the 7 AM Mass is at 6:45, so I had to hustle to get there on time.  Funny; Mass was very crowded.  Either people get up earlier than I thought, or the new policy of guest Benedictines are a big hit.

https://www.joshbarro.com/p/democrats-are-paying-for-their-2021

This is exactly correct.  Now, I have no problem with them getting pummeled (figuratively, not literally, DHS readers) next week, but this is only part of the solution... I only hope that payback -- if and when it arrives -- will be severe.

https://emilyburns.substack.com/p/with-whom-does-emily-oster-want-an?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

This, of course, is worse.  I read the original offending article, and... no.  I mean, the people who brought upon all of these things -- shutdowns, loss of wages, educational collapse -- need to suffer.  Hell, this inflation has been caused by the government giving away money to offset the losses caused by the shutdowns, which is a less-than-amusing reprise of "OSU hires Urban Meyer to solve problems caused by Urban Meyer."  It's not like they are even sorry for having caused any of this, besides.

I listened to the Liz Cheney talk at the City Club today.  It was interesting -- and moderator Judy Woodruff hinted at this, but briefly -- but no one seemed to ask the ultimate question, which is:  If Liz Cheney can't win a primary in her own state, and GOP candidates everywhere (even the Vance campaign is running fundraisers off this!), are bragging about how Liz has endorsed their opponents, how the hell does she think she can affect anything that is going on in the GOP?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home