Thursday, November 03, 2022

Life in the Village

 Here I am...nodded off, but then woke up with low blood sugar, and now waiting for everything to stabilize...  My sister and I finally had our monthly dinner (for October), and I selected Paradise Ranch.  It's the former Cleveland PM, and, well, you can tell it was a strip club.  Anyways, it is a Mexican place now, and, it was...very good!  Not a lot of tables when we were there (which was sad), but... it is a bit pricey, but the portions were quite large.  My sister ordered fajitas with steak, and I the seafood chimichanga; both came with rice and lettuce/salsa, and it was with effort that I cleared my plate.  Also quite hot...  but I would definitely return.

Met the Holy Name SVDP Conference today... this was somewhat amusing, as I am there all the time for food pantry business, but they seldom participate at the OC.  Anyways, it was good to officially meet them -- they have some newer volunteers so I was able to give them some insights, and I got to hear about what they were doing and the issues they had.  Our inner city parishes in the East District get a lot of calls from areas without an SVDP presence (ghost zip codes), and they need the help...  but that is not easy to get.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/11/03/tapper-to-dccc-chair-why-did-biden-complain-about-the-maga-candidates-on-whom-dems-spent-53m-n507878

I don't know, Jake...sounds like serious journalism there... didn't think that was allowed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home