Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Horse racing

 I was fascinated by today's TOC game.  I haven't looked at the Coryat yet, but it was...close throughout.  Exactly what one wants to see!  (Also, categories I could run, like baseball and artists.)  Anyways, as luck would have it, the two leaders go into FJ! with a tie.  After another suspiciously easy Final... one contestant bets it all, and one does not, and...that's that.  I don't know; save for some oddball category, or a potential of a triple stumper, how do you not bet everything in the Final?  It really is Pascal's Wager, but people do it all the time.  I guess, of course, this is just a way of me reliving memory lane...

I get a kick out of the polling news and spreads.  To be sure, it is impressive, and good to know, but for most races -- especially the Senate -- it's not terribly useful, unless you believe (and it has some validity) that given the economic conditions/President's approval ratings, the large majority of the 12 undecided voters will break GOP.  Going into the nitty-gritty of the Senate races... to have better (or better-campaigning) candidates.  Ohio is way too close for my comfort, PA and GA have slight D leads, NV is too close to call; I suspect Masters will fall short in AZ (ditto for NH).  Not good.  

One thing I have been trying to do lately is keep the email inbox clean; easier said than done, for a bunch of reasons -- some things do not need to be answered immediately (or at all), other times it is useful to keep stuff in the front for ease of access, and sometimes I just don't feel like.  The latter, of course, is the WRONG answer, and lately I have been aggressive in handling shit and reading stuff.  I realize in the grand scheme it hardly registers a bubble, but I feel better, dammit, so reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home