Monday, November 14, 2022

Active Monday

 I went to a wake today; the head of our Golden Agers club at church, and someone I knew...fairly well, or certainly well enough.  She was 99, outlived most of her friends, had a good life, kept her mind to the end... and that truly is the way to go.  Small wake (for that reason, I guess) but I did see some of the church crowd and so I chatted a bit.  Honestly, that is the one problem with these things; you say your greetings to the immediate family, you say your prayers... and then what?  I don't mind a bit of chatter, but I have never been the sit around and bs type, especially in front of a corpse.  Yes, I know a room full of friends and laughter is a good sign, but... just odd.  Anyways, the one thing the coffee klatch was discussing was whether or not the probost would arrive.  No one took my wager that he would not...

I am surprised by the Hobbs win in AZ: she didn't debate, ran from reporters...and won narrowly.  Maybe Lake was too strident, too Trumpy; I do wonder what her future will be.  AZ as the new swing state, replacing Ohio?  Well...I would prefer them bright red, but... things happen.  I do wonder who will run against Wifebeater Brown in 2024.  We do have a deep bench, but Mr. Connie B-S is the Fort Fisher of the Dems in OH, and they will do everything to protect him.  I would pick Frank LaRose as my early favorite; young (Sherrod is 70), good family, good bio, and our elections are problem-free, which indicates competence.  There should be plenty of money, too.  

https://freebeacon.com/elections/we-have-rewritten-the-political-map-how-the-gop-turned-florida-into-a-red-state/

I don't think we can discount how important the decision was to open the state early in the pandemic.  It certainly put him on the map, and, arguably, added plenty of new voters to the rolls (to be sure, they were fleeing blue states, which doesn't help there), all of whom were ready to vote GOP for open schools, few restrictions, and, dare I say, ready availability of vaccines.  Funny; Mike DeWine's reaction to the pandemic didn't hurt him in the general, but in the primary... I do wonder what would happened if one real candidate had challenged him.  Would Dems have tried to contest the state more fully then?  The primary was a protest vote, I think, but the argument could be made that because he had it in the bag... 

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/11/14/nasa-explains-why-we-havent-met-an-extraterrestrial-race-n510737

Interesting, and a cool video at the end.

https://www.based-politics.com/2022/11/14/no-one-is-talking-about-the-most-important-part-of-dave-chappelles-snl-monologue/

Exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home