Friday, November 11, 2022

Catching up

 Humorously, I crashed hard last night (Wednesday night I simply fell asleep on the living room floor) and for some reason, I slept poorly, with the attendant result being that I feel...sleepy.  Plus, I woke up early (I was off from work today) to help a friend move.  This was fine, but his two puppies were extremely eager to see me, with that attendant result being the minute I got home chore #1 was laundry.  To be sure, I was getting ready to do it anyways, but this sealed the deal.  A pet person, I am not.  I also need to dust, which may or may not happen today; there is the weekend, which, for now, is surprisingly...empty.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/10/crypto-megadonor-sam-bankman-fried-00066062

I am fascinated by this story as much as anything.  Now, I think it is a scam, or at least something that should be done by people who are willing (and accept the risk of losing everything), but plenty of people are losing plenty of money on this, so...heads may roll.  What I am especially fascinated by is the fact that no GOPers are pointing out how he spent all this money on Democrats in the election, and now it is gone.  To me, the obvious insinuation should be...well, these wins are tainted, and this guy ran a Ponzi scheme to protect abortion or whatever.  Probably not true, but no one believed the John Edwards story in the Enquirer, either.

Humorous incident yesterday...one of the OC people called me to tell me they found mouse droppings in the food area (not common, but not rare, especially now) and that I had to call the exterminator... this amused me because everyone has the number and can call, so I just emailed them and they will send the tech out this week.  Fine.  So, I looked at the order, and what is there.. boxes of pasta and cereal, and bags of grits.  Gee, wonder how these little creatures can live... OK, it's not like we wouldn't order it anyways, but...if this is the time of year for visitors...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home