Friday, November 18, 2022

Shiver

 You know, it's cold outside.  I guess I am feeling it more due to my own illness, but it think it is fair to say that it is unseasonably cool right now.  My furnace is certainly on a bit, and I can feel a chill in the house as I move around.  At least with the WiFi I can work anywhere, and I have relocated to the kitchen table, so I sense I am five degrees warmer there.  Those windows might just get replaced faster...

Finally caught up on the J! TOC today -- I forgot it is a best of seven affair.  I suspect someone imagined a clash of titans, but that has not been the case.  The questions are slightly tougher, always good (I did love the silent film category, which I ran with vehemence), and I am not ashamed to say that today was the first time I missed a FJ!.  The cable on the TV is working again, though whether that is due to a miracle, my re-jiggering of the cables, or hitting a button that I originally should not have... well, I am glad all the same.  Not, of course, that I have been watching much TV lately.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/11/18/can-trump-take-out-another-florida-governor-00069163

I don't know; Trump seems to be losing some support, to be sure.  Another factor is that he is no longer new -- and he was certainly novel in 2016.  Now, we have seen the act many, many times, and as it did not win in 2022...well, many are certainly amenable to something new now.  The fact that the GOP majority in the House can be charitably ascribed to Ron DeSantis and his gerrymandering might also help boost his prospects.  Of course, 2024 is still a long way away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home