Monday, November 21, 2022

Back on the Prowl

 Busy weekend, which is why I did not post.  Started Saturday at the OC, where we had an absolute zoo; we started serving at 8:35 and served the last client right at 12.  In between...we had clients in line the entire time; hell, we had cars on Broadway for most of it.  We had a good set of volunteers -- never had to worry about waiting for bags or anything, always good, but I was the only one who knew how to handle the computer, which was a problem... would have been nice to have had a second one.  Anyone who wanted a turkey got one, which was good...  but it was a hot mess at times, and while it went well... I would prefer not to do it again.

Then it was off to a wedding -- fun but long, and to top it off, I had trouble falling asleep when I did get home.  Oi.  Sunday was... blisteringly cold.  We didn't have the snowstorm here, but... it was quite brisk, especially for this time of year.  I helped with the priests' dinner after the Eucharistic Day celebration, which was fine, but...let's just say that I crashed hard Sunday night.  

Today, I was still feeling it -- plenty of coffee -- and this cold certainly isn't any better.  I do think I just need some sleep, or at least rest, and this long weekend might be the time for it.  Hell, my boss reminded me I do NOT (and should not) work this weekend, which, as always, is good to hear, albeit still a bit new and unsettling.

It is now officially Advent!  Hard to believe, again, with it being December still (and Xmas is on a Sunday), but I probably should go and get my Xmas lists together... to say nothing of starting shopping for everyone else.  Mission one, of course, will be finding someplace to get these things wrapped...

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-military-superpower-poland-army/
Can you blame them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home