Saturday, November 26, 2022

Drums Along the Olentangy

 Well, that was a mostly unexpected result in Columbus today... is the rivalry back?  Will the state recover?  This could be me, but... the inability of the coaching staff to make adjustments is a problem.  Mission accomplished on stopping the run, but the deep balls...  at some point you need to move the DBs back, shift the safety, etc... second straight year this happened.  Some are already calling for Day's head, which seems a little extreme, though my comment about Urban Meyer -- a recruiter first, and a coach much lower on the chart -- seems to be the Day program as well.  Some of it is scheme, some is personnel, but some...  a mental block?

So yesterday I had a full day, as evinced by the lack of a post.  I slept in quite late (I needed it) and then in the afternoon I met some former coworkers (I love that) in Ohio City (joy) to watch the World Cup. The plan was to hit the Old Angle, but it was too full, so off to Nano Brew, which at least had space (if not help, I felt badly for the servers).  And.. it was fun to see the guys and gals, but... really, anyone who says that soccer is fun and enjoyable needs their head examined.  Even when people got excited.... there was no reason, and, by the 80th minute, it was obvious we were playing for the draw, which, as an American, simply offends my very core of being.  I also made points by saying that there shouldn't be an Iran now, as Reagan's only mistake was not to nuke them into oblivion the minute after the hostages landed back in the US.  

I should have gone home and watched a Duke movie, but I had to go to my aunt's 80th bday with the family...which was nice, and fun, but a bit fun, and as one of the few sober people, my ability to help pack the cars up was... appreciated.  But it was good to hang with everyone again -- still rare in this post-COVID era -- even if I got in late and, hilariously, woke up nice and early today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home