Thursday, December 08, 2022

Activity

 Long day today... well, not really.  It was a Holy Day of Obligation so I woke up before six (had to shower!) to get ready for Mass.  I of course rushed and made it with plenty of time to spare (this 6:45 AM Mass bit is still a mystery to me).  Father had a date, as there was no homily and Mass was over in 30 minutes.  Not sure who it is, but he is a Benedictine, and... I like him.  Moves along, but quite reverent, and when he does say homilies...thoughtful.

Then it was off to the gym.  Actually, first time in a while -- since before this cold -- I did a double today; lifted in the AM, legs after work.  Truth be told, I need to go more -- for a lot of reasons -- and I liked it.  Felt good to get some reps in, ride the bike more, that sort of thing.  I need to get in the habit of doing it again, for a bunch of reasons -- not getting fatter, not getting any younger, get some more reading it.  I am busy with work, of course, but that is no reason...

Finished up the BBC/PBS "Ridley Road" series.  It was...ok.  About how a bunch of Jewish activities infiltrated a British Neo-Nazi group in the 60s.  I think the Brits have slightly different TV experiences than us, and it seemed that this show suffered from too much deus ex machina to get the desired ending... I mean, there was some suspense, but not really; we all know things were going to turn out well in the end.  Alas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/congregations-sue-to-leave-united-methodist-church-over-lgbtq-disputes/ar-AA1535ri?cvid=2463f239bca44630b8e45e5e9b38bcfa

I really shouldn't be amused by this, but more attacks on the NeoConfederate wing of the Methodist Church make me...giggle.  This is a new twist, but it shouldn't be that unexpected (especially given how many lawyers we have).  It also helps that I think they are right...the people who lost the vote should NOT be making the rules, and the fact that they were allowed to do so is simply shameful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home