Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Thoughts

 Weighed myself today and I was at 194 pounds, which was odd, as Saturday I was 191, and I haven't really eaten any more or less than I normally do.  Oi.  I rode the bike a little extra today, and milled around the house more... other than avoiding low blood sugar (easier said than done), not sure what I can, aside from eating less, though I have been fairly restrained lately.  

So, I was watching J!, and when the answer popped up in the Final round, I was like "Gee, it's a shame they have such an easy question when the game is so close;" in other words, that I thought it was a gimmie and the champ would nail it.  And he...did not.  Shows you what I know!  Anyways, another super Champion goes down.  I was thinking today about how many great contestants of the past (say, Frank Spangenburg) could have put together a run of 20 or more wins, and the answer I kept coming back to was "quite a few."  To be sure, buzzer strategery and wagering was much more primitive (save for Chuck Forrest), and you couldn't actually practice on a buzzer system at home (unless you made one), but in terms of knowledge... I find it hard to believe that few Undefeated Five-Day Champions of the day couldn't have a month of wins if they wanted to.

https://www.coindesk.com/layer2/2022/11/30/ftxs-collapse-was-a-crime-not-an-accident/

Quite a good summary.  Will we see charges?  Ha!

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/12/04/liquor-capitalism-prohibition-repeal-day-00072067

Interesting take.  Not sure I fully agree with it; ok, yes, that was one of the concepts, but I really think -- at the end of the day -- a lot of these people really believed that they were going to get rid of the demon rum (and all of its pernicious influences) finally, and I suspect few, if any, imagined the consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home