Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas is a time for...

 Merry Christmas to all my readers!  Today has been... quiet.  By design.  Went to Mass, which was quite nice -- not too rambly sermon, moved along, lots of people were there (including people I have not seen in a bit!), and the church was beautiful, as it always is.  Couple of people gave me money, not sure why, but I have decided it will go the Order, as it would be...Hopey and Changey of me to accept it for myself.  To be sure, attending Mass is the least Hopey and Changey thing ever, so maybe it is not a perfect analogy, but...  anyways, then it was off to the food pantry to drop off part of the accumulated collection (I need to bring one of 92 cloth bags I have to help haul), then home... I napped a bit, caught up on some articles, worked on the book I want to finish today, and decided to post before getting ready and going out and visiting... and delivering some presents.  Joy!

Watched an interesting documentary..."Concert Crush," about the Astro World/Travis Scott debacle last year.  This could be me, but if he were not famous, and a POC, and someone who has...accumulated a lot of goodwill with politicians and such...well, let's just say that he would have a lot less freedom, if you get my drift.  That said...while there were a lot of lapses by everyone involved, I wonder if at the end of the day everyone is going to escape because of the actions of the crowd, who, to be sure, endangered themselves...  

This is pretty good, especially considering that it came from the NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/21/magazine/civil-war-jan-6.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20221225&instance_id=81112&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=31060267&segment_id=120813&user_id=f914b0e213c5e2b4265494b6d07fe88f

This is funny as always!

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/entertainment/article270398307.html?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3cIPUfDTXavJE_LkjbJ5mjf2UMVDcjahSL0fPyw7hS-YVlZuGwSsVSkR8


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home