Mattie wakes
I fell asleep last night so this will count for Friday. I took yesterday off -- a delayed recovery from the Festival -- and honestly I needed to. I slept in a bit, did a gym double (am and pm), and did some much needed errands -- paid bills, did some groceries, banking, etc. I forgot one thing (to do today) and of course there is more to do today (like watch J! episodes) but it was just good to be off and able to do what I wanted. Yesterday was the first day I felt mostly normal after the PF. I still have a raft of emails and links to handle, but....today is another day.
I also took a mid-afternoon walk and will try to do so today. I do have a few extra pounds -- I can feel it without seeing the scale -- and while food is part, so is exercise. I need to do more, especially now before winter. There is no reason not too, and even just strolling about the house during commercial breaks on J! will help. I am overdue for a foodie visit but I think I can wait on the pigging out until this dietary emergency is resolved.
I Went Shopping. When Did I Become an Unpaid Employee?
Quite true!
The Mighty American Consumer Is Crashing Through Inflation and Driving Growth - WSJ
Also true. I have friends who joke that try getting into a restaurant on a Friday night (or any night), and the economic data isn't showing a pull down. But I suspect that the bottom third is simply NOT doing well, and we miss that. I am a frugal guy, and I tend to go out for a reason, but we all know plenty of people who do it because it is Tuesday... and I suspect some of them are pulling back.
The ‘Cornell 7’ Lawsuit Has Reignited America’s Debate Over Sexual Consent - WSJ
I found this interesting because...in my college days, the drunken hookup was very much a thing. Not by me, of course, but...you get the drift. If both are intoxicated, the man could easily say that he was lured it into it by the woman. I realize no one will believe him, but that is reverse sexism (and how can liberals define a man, anyways), and at that point...well, you may as well throw away the law books.
I Went Back to Idaho to See How the Hard-Right Transformed This Deep Red State - WSJ
Interesting. Will this cross over elsewhere? Not sure it will happen here, but....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home