Thursday, October 10, 2013

Special, so Special

Trying to get this post in before a very special episode of "Glee."  Ok, the show is quite maudlin to begin with, and this should be totally over top.  And, let's face it, this is Matt, who is not Mr. Sympathy, especially for people who get hooked on smack.  This is why I am in charge of the parish Help the Poor Campaign.

Speaking of, the September stats from the OC:
493 households (a big jump), serving 219 seniors, 698 adults, and 500 children (reported)

Which ties in to the next thing, namely, getting the expansion off the ground; we need to fundraise, the plans have to be finalized, the contractor has to be selected, the Diocese has to approve, and, God forbid, what if we have to shut down during construction.  And not a government shutdown where everyone works, essential or not; we would prolly have to close for a while, and of course, some of staff will go apeshitty over this.  Not that a break would be bad for us.  Ok, me.

So, dined at Market in Rocky River last nite...it was good.  I mean, my entree was fine, our server got us in for half-price brews, and the porch was nice (even by a firepit)...but it did seem to be the place where the pretty people hang out, and it was a little pricey...not that I mind, and I didn't have to pay (I treated the last times, but you know how I feel about that), but there is always a little part of me that wonders if it isn't better for everyone to just eat home and give the money to some worthwhile cause.  For all my snark, I do think a simpler way of life is the better one....at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home