Monday, October 07, 2013

Lazarus

A week away...I return  Wednesday was Pub Quiz, with a disappointing second place finish.  A Tribe loss, which was also depressing, but not that unexpected.  Skeeball Thursday, and then this weekend was the Polish Festival, where I worked my ass off for three days in the kitchen...and Mattie is very tired.  Ok; I am fine today, but it does take a lot out of you.  I keep telling myself NOT to do this again, but eventually I do so....alas.

The funny thing is, I tried to sleep in Saturday and today (I took off) and of course, I could not...7 am, bright and shine.  I did clean my house -- thoroughly -- over the weekend, so it looks fairly spotless.  But it is a small consolation...sort of like that last OSU TD that allowed everyone to cover, and all were pleased.

At the OC some people are concerned with rising food costs.  So, Matt being Matt, I looked into it...and well, some costs are going up, some are stayung that same.  I guess I am not surprised, but when I looked at some of the stuff we are spending money on, it is quite odd.  The Cleveland Food Bank is working to promote healthy living and eating by providing more fruits and vegetables, which is good, especially as we are now fully subsidizing the health care of our clients...but the main issues are 1) Our clients aren't the type to appreciate it, if you get my drift, and 2) It will cost us some money, which we have, but not really...  And we all know whose job it is (in part) to figure out what to do next...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home