Monday, September 16, 2013

The obvious

I guess I am glad Francona has a lot of faith in Scott Kazmir, because I really do not; I mean, I guess I would simply five-and-fly him the rest of the way and use one of your fifteen relievers, because -- as evinced tonite -- even when he pitches well for a while, he hits a point, and that is that.  Maybe it is fatigue, maybe at this stage of his career -- and yes, he's young, but not really, when you think of his arm -- he really can't be counted on for that much...especially in a playoff chase.


http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/09/16/behind-the-scenes-of-obamas-effort-to-prevent-the-afl-cio-from-resolving-to-repeal-obamacare/

I get a kick out of articles like this, because, I mean, really...you lay with whores, you end up pissing fire and a dick that burns.  What did they expect to happen?  It is a little surprising that the administration would hang them out to dry, but they aren't running for re-election, so what do they care? 

I have to admit, the prospect of a 40-degree morning is a little jarring; not for any reason, of course, just to mark the change of seasons and such.  It is September, summer is over, but the weather has been quite good lately, so it is hardly so...but winter is not that far away, to say nothing of leaves and all those other crappy chores that I hate.  Of course, one could define any housework as a crappy chore I hate, and you'd be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home