Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Paucity

Big Tuesday nite at home, NOT cleaning the house, eating some kale, and blogging.  I did watch the Tribe; Salazar pitched ok; if Stubbs holds the ball, he is not on the hook.  Alas.  His changeup was not really working tonite, but the fastball seemed to be lively enough, so you take it.  I was fascinated by the announcing team hemming and hawwing about the necessity of Giambi batting against Downs.  Well, duh...this is by design, as Francona -- I am liking his tactical acumen less and less, can you tell -- is going with the short bench for an interleague series so he can have more relievers....even with Giambi as a PH only and Raburn limping.  Yes, it is defensible, given that Salazar is going tonite, so you may need to work some guys, but...given the nature of the 'pen, can't you run Albers or Shaw into the ground, if need be?  The September callups are a few days away, and barring some 18-inning slugfest, I think you survive with six or seven relievers.  I would say Hill would be the odd man out, but that has been the case since May, and no one else seems to notice.

I read An Army at Dawn, part of the trilogy about the US Army in Europe in WW2; quite good, very long, but didn't really seem like it, and of course I like guns and war. 

I had some bloodwork at the MD yesterday, and when I took off the bandage today, there is a red mark on the my elbow where the needle took.  It is painless, but it looks like I am some junkie, and I've never had it before, so it is even more unsettling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home