Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Randoms

Finished up Mailer yesterday, which means the next book is number 50 on the list.  As I have read some of those above them, and accounting for the fact there are several works of Joyce to go...I consider it to be officially half-finished.  Rah.  The Naked and the Dead was good, ending a little odd, but a LOT of modern fiction reads that way, so...what else can you do?  I prolly stayed up later than I should have to read it, but....it's done.  I have now moved on to Lee's Miserables, which documents the last year of the life of the A.N.V.  Interesting.  I have a new set of books at the library, so my continuing pursuit of the literary equivalent of Say's Law is in order.

I brunched with a friend at Lucky's in Tremont this weekend.  It was good; I liked what I ate -- a variaton on sausage gravy and biscuits -- but it is a little pricey.  The parking in Tremont is a pain in the ass, no doubt about it, and it's not like the place has a lot.  I guess it is more artisan than First Watch, but, as I say, standardization has its benefits.

I went through a small pile of papers today; all gone, all to the recycle bin.  Tomorrow a Netflix DVD arrives, and Thursday -- which is something I should have done today -- I will start on some intensive scrubbing in the kitchen, which is overdue, I think, for some tender loving cleaning....

I had grilled squash for dinner today; a neighbor gave me two of them, and I asked at work how to prepare them -- salt, pepper, some flour and oil -- and voila!, we had dinner.  It was ok; I think I let them cook a bit too long, but it was fairly healthy, paired with a salad and some fruit.  The price was also right, which was also a powerful incentive for future servings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home