Sunday, August 11, 2013

Recovery

It's been quite the busy weekend, so rest is good.  Saturday was OC day, and...things were ok.  We had a big rush early, but very little the rest of the way; lots of walk-ins, but singly, so the crowd wasn't too bad, which was sort of a shame, as we had not only a LOT of bread, but 175 10-pound bags of potatoes (yes, it is almost a ton), of which we gave away nearly half...and after people took some home and the three-quarter house took some, there are still a lot left.  My Mom and I split a bag; some of the potatoes were, um, a little bad, and Mom griped of course that people would give them away (like a company is going to pay someone to pull out bad potatoes), but that is still a lot of potatoes to eat...and give away.  I can only hope the hot meal people use them.

Anyways, Saturday was a late family poker party; today was brunch with some friends and then off to Mom's for some dinner/labor.  I also helped two friends move -- one truckload each -- so I am a little beat, in all honesty.  But we survived, as did the Tribe, who had what can only be called -- given the circumstances -- a momentous victory today.  One suspects they will be glad to get away from home, where maybe they can play some teams they can beat.  Or not.

Not sure why, but I have been on a green pepper kick lately, pretty much eating one every day.   They are good, lots of water, some flavor, not spicy at all...I mean, there are worse foods to eat, and with my new love of green foods and healthiness, I can think of worse things to munch on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home