Sunday, September 08, 2013

Vision

My cold has evolved, or survived, if you will; I survived the sore throat and the fatigue, and now I have the cough and the sniffles and the general feeling of crap.  I was able to get some sleep last nite, may take a nap today, but...mainly you endure, or at least try and get better, and then endure.  As with everything else, sleep would help, but...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/bad-bet-why-republicans-can-t-win-with-whites-alone-20130905

I think this article is correct, but...I think the GOP can have it both ways.  For one thing, a candidate like Romney isn't the one to get the GOP base; get rid of those guys and run a real conservative.  Of course, getting rid of some guy who is Daddy Warbucks also helps with the working class vote, which involves non-whites.  You may not get the African-American vote, but I don't think the Latino vote is lost, either...the people are naturally conservative, fairly Christian, and from my experience in the Village, they don't like certain types of people who are their neighbors, if you get my drift...  That would take some Atwater-style finesse, but that's not impossible, and hell, it would be easier to run that kind of campaign than something uplifting...and fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home