Saturday, August 31, 2013

Kickoff

These long hiatuses...obviously, I need to blog more.  I have been busy, sort of; Thursday I went to the Captains game -- I had a free ticket, and took advantage of their pizza and wings buffet...they also have a 25-cent beer promotion, which is both a wonderful idea and an awful idea at the same time, if you get my drift.  Last nite I went to a friend's house and we watched K-State lose, which is awesome, because -- and I am not sure why -- we do not like K-State.

http://inplainsight.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/29/20247880-poor-people-arent-stupid-bad-decisions-are-from-being-overwhelmed-study-finds

I think this is largely true, but the bigger issue -- which this article doesn't answer -- is that poor people make a lot of bad decisions in the first place, and how do you think that came to be?  I suspect we are looking at the symptoms and not realizing they are the disease itself.  Hell, even wealthy people are bad with money; they just have more slack.  Counterprogramming, as we like to say in the Social Justice community, is hard.

I suspect OSU will cover whatever spread they have...lots of expectations for the season, but I -- being the type of guy I am -- will say that it is all for naught; the team will lose at least once and all of the hemming and hawwing will be misplaced.  I think it would be better for Urban if that did happen, unless yet another Hernandez story comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home