Sunday, March 25, 2018

Roster Moves

Well, I was sort of depressed by the Duke loss, but not exactly surprised; I mean, I think Kansas was better, and, well, when Grayson missed that shot...well, you just knew.  Alas; I mean, they certainly had the talent, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/25/florida-state-coach-leonard-hamilton-post-game-interview

I think Hamilton is a pretty solid coach (or I did until the not-fouling thing), so that surprised me, as did...well, the above.  I don't know; I mean, sticking the microphone in the face of a coach who just lost the last game of the season... you're not going to get Terry Bennett every time, and honestly, I am surprised you get so much class...  anyways, while I am certainly sympathetic to the coach here... this did seem a little...well, much. 

https://theathletic.com/285693/2018/03/25/yandy-diaz-is-trying-to-take-flight-for-indians/

This could be me, but...I would do very little with the swing; oppo-field power is still sort of rare, for one.  Two, I rather think -- in this era of rising K-rates --  that the approach of contact and doubles is pretty useful.  And, he's still young, in terms of baseball experience...

In other news, Brantley opens the season on the DL.  I am not surprised, and while everyone hopes it is just shaking off rust and getting into playing shape... I doubt it.  Naquin gets an opportunity to play which is good, though I suspect Rajai will get more ABs, even though Naquin represents the future.  Merritt's injury seems awfully convenient, if you get my drift.  Belisle and Torres...I am not sure either one deserved the win, and it would have been nice for Torres to stay, as I suspect that in a month Belisle will be...ineffective. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home