Sunday, March 11, 2018

Hiatus

Yeah, I should probably update the blog more.  On the other hand...March Madness, some health things, and the general busy nature of my life... but we are here now.  Rah.  Watched "Sherlock, Jr." tonight -- pretty funny, actually (Buster Keaton silent) and the camera tricks were impressive, given the era.

I am beginning to think the Selection Committee has created a near-impossible standard for mid-major teams to get in.  Not saying they ALL need to get in, but you look at teams like MTSU...and, well, I think saying that they played enough games against Power Conference teams, but didn't win them... given that every one of these games will be a road game... I think that is bull (the quadrants don't help, either). I mean...USC was a bad miss as well; and, let's face it, they're right, no one wants to see the 7th-best team in power conferences play, either.  Ok, that's not quite true, but...I think we all get the drift.  To me... the fact that the system is biased against mid-majors would imply that the Committee (at least) should be a mitigating factor to minimize that, and I am not sure they are doing that.

I liked Cole Hamels' comments about the six-man; now, I think it is dumb, too, but I can easily see people 50 years ago bitching about the five-man, also, and it's not going away (until we go to six).  In the meantime, the Twins picking up Lance Lynn...not a bad sign, and I think they are going to be much more formidable than most Tribe fans realize (or will admit too).

https://features.propublica.org/driven-into-debt/chicago-ticket-debt-bankruptcy/
One feels badly, but these people are Hope and Changers here, so if they vote for their oppressors...well, oh well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home