Thursday, February 15, 2018

Canned

So...one of my coworkers was talking to me about the latest school shooting, mentioning something about how the Founding Fathers never would have wanted people to own an AR-15.  I pointed out that...well, maybe; I mean, one thing -- from my incomplete and (sadly) now-distant reading of The Federalist Papers was that they were deeply suspicious (ok, suspicious) of an over-arching federal government, which is why they included the Bill of Rights and threw in all sorts of things to limit the power of government... so if you looked at it that way, well, then, an AR-15 is something of an equalizer, if you will.

Said coworker then asked me what The Federalist Papers were.  Smh, to use the modern phrase. 

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/02/why-susan-rice-wrote-an-email-to-herself.php

One, I email myself all the time; stuff from work, social justice things to do, links, mental if not actual notes to myself.  But... this could be me, but... I think this whole element of the scene is being left untouched; not that the Donald and the Trump pulled crap (I think they did) but the fact that the Obama administration did as well; I mean, it's not only politicization of the Justice Department, but they were putting the thumb on the scales.  The only reason why they got caught was the HRC lost, and, for a bunch of reasons (press complicity, a general lack of concern about this), no one is calling them on it.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/why_does_replacing_food_stamps_with_food_so_anger_liberals.html#.WoL9L8PKYLY.facebook

Hahaha.  Ok, more seriously...my first thought was... what's in the boxes?  I mean, giving poor people crap, when they eat crap already, s simply bad.  On the other hand, giving them healthy food means a lot of it will go uneaten. My own sense is that... well, for one, if you can't afford your own food, well, too fucking bad, eat what is given.  While choice is nice...well, nothing rankles than seeing people with EBT cards eating a lot better than you.  Second, my own sense is that a good deal of EBT cards are not actually used by the people who get them...  so this would cut down on the black market for that.  The funny thing is, before SNAP... this was pretty much the policy; people would get boxes of canned goods and powdered milk and maybe old bread and that was that.  I think the issue then of course was that there was some stigma attached, and now, of course, we couldn't have that....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home