Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Breaks and Clouds

Took the day off from work to attend to some things, including a couple that I had been praying for... one was resolved well (surprisingly, at that) and the other...well, neither good nor bad, though of course we know how I feel about indecision.  I guess I cannot complain, overall...  Good news is good news no matter what, nor should one cheat the Lord out of His proper gratitude (I am a shitty person enough as it is).

Up to 629 on the Film List; watched "The Decline of Western Civilization" last nite and today I watched "Humoresque."  "Decline" was a documentary about the punk rock scene in LA/California in 1980; sort of interesting, though I wonder how many of these people are alive now... The other film was a 1920 silent that won the precursor to the Best Picture Award... it was good, not great, in that 1920s way...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/03/america-is-not-a-democracy/550931/

I got a kick out of this; after all, one could say that it is the work of the Left to subvert the democratic process by using the courts and the administrative system (i.e., the Swamp) to get their way...when that stands in the way of the democratic system, I don't exact hear them complaining, do you?

Pitchers and catchers report...the Tribe could use at least one more reliever, an OF, and a real catcher (not that I am expecting one to walk through the door).  Nor do I think the Salazar/Merritt/Tomlin battle for the back of the rotation is all that compelling, in the four fifth starters means you have no fifth starter kind of way... Actually, as I think Bradley will play in 50 games at most, you could use two OFs....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home