Sunday, February 04, 2018

Super!

This could be me, but the Nunes memo wasn't all that...exciting.  I mean, I think it showed (at least to GOPers and Trumpers) that the FBI...well, it seemed to me that they decided to investigate Trump and his campaign and found the justification for it afterwards.  I am not totally appalled by this, per se, but... well, I think it is also unwise, given that you expect the cops to be...well, in line with the letter of the law.

Up to 627 on the film list; watched "The Breakfast Club" and some shorts.  The movie...maybe I am far removed, but...it seemed to be...wildly overrated? Not a lot of fun?  No idea.  I can see how it influenced people, but...I wouldn't exactly say it is a good movie.  I also watched "The Old Mill" (Disney short, cool imagination), "The Beau Brummels," (Vaudeville skit from the 20s, early talkie), and the second film in the "Why We Fight" series, which is pretty good, assuming one can get past certain things, like the whitewashing of the Soviet Union and such.

https://www.fangraphs.com/tht/the-mlbpas-indifference-toward-international-amateurs-is-coming-back-to-bite-them/

Largely true, though I suspect the main reason was because either 1) No one thought of this or 2) Their job is to protect current members of the MLBPA and thus the idea of dealing with this issue was...well, far down the list. I tell people at work all the time that if they this is bad, wait til next year, when all the big guys hit the market and really suppress prices for the mid-tier guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home