Sunday, March 04, 2018

Thrills

Thrilling Duke UNC game last nite; as is often the case, I thought they were done, but... they pulled it out.  Rah.  Jay Bilas made a good point during the broadcast; namely, you had to stop considering how teams play (especially power conference teams on the bubble), because technically, they are gaining by getting the potential to beat up another, better team and add to the case...whereas a mid-major has no such recourse.  Ok, lots of people say it (and don't do it) but the way Bilas presented it -- from a slightly different perspective -- seemed to me to be most apt.

In the meantime, as we go through one of my most favorite times of year, I am up to 633 on the film list, the most recent viewing being Friday night's "Shock Corridor."  Interesting film, not quite my cup of tea, and maybe the plot was a little off, but I did like it, always a nice thing.  I do have a few more coming from the library, so despite college basketball, I expect great progress (of a sort) here.  I also note it has been a while since I've read a fiction book from the list  so I should probably get on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home