Friday, February 16, 2018

Friday night

First Friday of Lent today, so that was the first Stations of the Cross... I have to admit, I wasn't quite into it; I got a text from a blast from the past, of sorts, at dinner, which sort of put me in an odd mood, and there was one time when I was literally lost in the text, spiritually...  Fr. E's homily did discuss how, in some cases, this is the starter week of Lent, and people ease into it, so that was sort of comforting...

I have to admit, HN's fish fry this year was quite good and, dare I say, efficient?  Maybe the crowd being thin when I was there was part of it, but the food was solid and compared to some of the fits and crawls...well, I was pleased.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-so-many-men-die-at-62-1518404880
I think the average liberal would say we should die before that, for many reasons, not least of which being to expand the lifespan of Social Security...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/11/16999466/what-is-due-process-trump

I think the President is right about this, to an extent; people are being kicked to the curb and found guilty without having proof...I mean, neither Duke LAX or UVa is a distant memory... that said, the man is...well, an imperfect messenger, if you get my drift...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home