Saturday, March 17, 2018

Back in Blog

Yes, yes, I prolly should blog more... last nite, of course, I was watching The Upset, like everyone else, and...Friday was an interesting day.  As always, I was invited to my friend's March Madness fest, and I went to work, of course, shit hit the fan, of a not-that-big deal, enough so I arrived slightly late.  Then, after hours of food and fest, it was off to Stations, where we were priestless, so I went and got the books (the good ones) and carried the cross while someone else read them...  then I was named to the ad hoc committee on locking up the church. Rah, then off to Mom's to bake brownies for the parish fest today...that took a bit, and then I stuck around to watch history.  Home and off to bed...  this morning was food pantry duty; not that bad, smallish crowd (Mass filled the parking lot) and not much to report.  Cleaned, moved stock...it was sort of nice, actually.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/03/clinton/555563/

Everyone loves a train wreck, so, carry on, Hillary!

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-03-14/california-affordable-housing-is-no-mystery-just-build-more
I of course agree; I noted Matthew Desmond was in town, promoting his voucher plan, which isn;t a bad one, but... you still need places for people to live, whether or not they have a voucher.  I often tool around, say, Slavic Village and note that there are a lot of places where you have decrepit commercial buildings and you could easily put up apartments there... not saying it would be ideal, but a 30 or 40 unit complex... well, there are enough agencies around that could work and make it happen.

In other news, Duke made the Sweet Sixteen, and convincingly so, so...I fear the future.  :)

I joked that I could soon be working at the White House, given the churn, if you will... and I am beginning to believe that it is true...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home