Thursday, December 29, 2022

Reflections

 Went back to the gym today, finally -- with the snow, the holidays, and yesterday's drama I didn't have the time or the energy.  Today I did, and while my blood sugar was a bit too low for cardio, it was good to do arms.  Might do a double tomorrow, depending on how I sleep and the AM blood sugar.  I should do one every day, or at least every other day... I was exactly 194 pounds, and considering the holiday snacking, that sounds about right.  

Good day today!  Did some work in the AM, met a friend for coffee in Strongsville (not a bad choice, but getting through the town, oi), a few errands, and home in time for J!, what could be better?  I also watched "Union Maids," a documentary about three women in the union movement in the 20s and 30s.  Interesting, of course, but as I like to say... I wonder what they would say now; unions did much good for the country then, but now... the record is a bit mixed.  Of course, if they were true believers, they would double down...  Anyways, 805 on the National Film Registry, and I am sure there will be more to come.  Now, of course, it's trying to see the ones that are harder to locate.  Sigh.

Hard to believe the year is at an end; I mean, things go faster as you age, to be sure, but I guess with the hustle and bustle of the holidays, then it is the new year, and then... well, more of the same.  At least the winter weather has disappeared for a few days, but that too will be back, alas...

Sleepy, and not sure why... I got decent sleep last night, but I guess the accumulation of not getting enough...it weighs on you.  Oi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home