Monday, January 01, 2024

A New Year!

 Funny; I just became incredibly sleepy ten minutes ago and I am not sure why.  I guess I have not slept long or well the last two nights, and while I was not terribly active today, I did hit the gym twice.  And, as we all know, I am perpetually overtired, so... one thing unchanged from last year.  

Much of the day I was somewhat discombobulated, so this is par for the course.  I woke up early (Holy Day of Obligation, we are NOT a Hope and Changer, so off to Mass it was) and as I was the EM yesterday, I did it today.  The priest was a visitor, and when I went to the sacristy to see if he wanted me to get the ciborium from the tabernacle... he was like did we need an EM today, as attendance was slightly sparse.  This floored me, mainly because we had the usual people there who had mobility issues, and... why not?  Anyways, then when I got to the gym... I had forgotten my book (need to start early on the reading, have to read at least 50 this year!).  I ended up going through the messages while on the exercise bike, so it worked out ok, but...  I also was going to lift, but everyone was on the benches, so I ended up doing legs.  But, a lot of people were on those machines, and borderline camping on them (Oi!) so I had to mix up my routine, and we all know what I think about that.  But I survived.

I wanted to watch the Liberty-Oregon game, and in some ways I am sad I did, because LU looked completely lost and Oregon did not.  I think we all knew that Liberty was smaller and slower than Oregon, but... wow.  I think I expected them to be on fire and Oregon to be down about missing the playoff, but that was not even close to being the case.  Sort of sad, as they had a good year, and deserved a better fate than that.  In a related vein, the Big Ten should be pleased Michigan won, because other than that... if Maryland is your bowl season highlight, you don't want to know the question.

On the one hand I am looking forward to going back to work -- we all like work and paychecks.  Of course, going back will be rough; a whole week off, some stuff piling up (I am sure), and I have the knowledge of all the stuff I didn't do... not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home