Thursday, December 28, 2023

Out of kilter

I have been out of sorts all day!  I went to bed a bit later than I wanted to yesterday, and then I woke up earlier today than I anticipated.  Now, I had planned on going to the gym bright and early, but my blood sugar was low... and it has pretty much remained so all day.  Oi.  Anyways, then I did some work on my consulting job, and that was good, but I did a bit less than I expected -- the exterminator came (house is fine, garage will still attract insects for the winter; more traps were laid), and then when he left people came to the door twice, and I had to politely but firmly cast them off.  Alas. 

Then it was off to Solon for a late lunch at Munch (I met a friend, and gently suggested it, as it was on my list).  It was interesting; not much of a place (strip mall, hard to find, sort of), but they have an expansive menu, and I was offered soup samples.  The black bean chili (my original choice) was quite spicy, so I opted for the sweet onion soup with a chicken salad sandwich.  The soup was good -- lots of onion, good flavor -- and the chicken salad was interesting.  Fresh carrots and chicken, not much mayo -- good blend.  I also had a bowl of matzo ball soup; also good, but the huge matzo ball... well, it was hard to deal with.

Anyways, since I was on the East Side, so I did a couple of errands and then hit the gym on the East Side.  Odd; I used to go there every day, and now... well, it was largely unchanged, which was good!  No familiar faces, but I also went in at an odd hour... then I went to Burntwood Tavern in Solon to meet some friends for dinner. This was also good, but... between the hearty meal, or the fresh and natural ingredients of Munch, let's just say that the progress in my stomach malady was largely erased.  Alas.  I feel fat, even with the Colon Blow experience tonight.  Definitely a gym double tomorrow, depending, of course, on the blood sugar... I mean, I can't do much cardio if the sugar is too low, and then I have to snack, and it is a double weight whammy.  Sigh.

Nikki Haley really stepped in it today, and honestly... I have NO idea what she was thinking.  The comment that she is not running for office in South Carolina anymore seems highly apt.  I wish the DeSantis campaign was positioned to take advantage, but...alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home