Thursday, December 21, 2023

Hither and Yon

Interesting day today; last day in office (WFH home tomorrow, off next week) so while there was this sense of recess (if you will) it was also very busy -- lots of stuff came down the pike and there is plenty to take care of tomorrow.  I intend to log on and check in during the week, and if I need to do something, I will, but I have been largely told not to do such.  Reminds me of Pebble, actually.  I intend to hit the gym early tomorrow and get everything done!

One downer of sorts; one of parishes said they had extra Christmas presents for me, would I want them?  Well, it took a day to find out (the schools in the Village are closed for the year now) and by the time I did, the presents were taken to another (and deserving!) school.  Fine.  But, they called back and said they had some leftover, so I left work a bit early and hustled to the East Side... and there was a half-box of random books and stuff.  Sigh.  The kids can certainly use the coats, at least, and I will keep my antenna up for the long-term for more stuff.

For....reasons, I have started to listen to the entire repertoire of the Mike Johnson theological podcasts.  They are... interesting, leave it at that.  Completely different faith tradition, to be sure, but it is a good look and sense of what many in our wonderful GOP coalition are thinking.  I do not doubt that it is different, but the demonization (if you will) of their religious beliefs by the left is, to me, completely abhorrent to the spirit and ideals of our Founders; most of them were hardly religious, but they were certainly not intolerant.

politico.com/f/?id=0000018c-5c73-d0ce-a98c-7c7be6b50000&nname=playbook&nid=0000014f-1646-d88f-a1cf-5f46b7bd0000&nrid=ccfeb898-0174-47bc-8200-846bade79d2d&nlid=630318
Eight states may decide the next Presidential election?  To me, that is... not good. Understandable, but not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home