Saturday, December 09, 2023

Rest

 Two days without blogging.  Thursday I was just busy -- work, life, the usual.  Yesterday... don't laugh, but after J! I just...laid around a bit?  I moved the stuff in the living room so I could put the tree in, and then I just checked some stuff online and went to bed, about 10-ish.  I woke up about 9 today, which was... nice.  I mean, I should have got up sooner, but getting nine or so hours of sleep... well, that was heavenly.  I hit the gym and then bought a tree at Tractor Supply -- they had quite a number of nice ones (I always want an ugly one, they deserve good homes, too!), and $43 and change later...I had a lovely tree.  I then raced home and got all the stuff out of the attic, which I should have done yesterday.  

Anyways, I got the tree in, and... it was more than slightly crooked.  I think the trunk was a little askew (just like the one last year), but I have plenty of books, and I was able to get it balanced, if slightly off.  And, four hours later... we have the tree up.  It IS beautiful -- branches are a bit bunched, but I have plenty of ornaments on it, and it is worth it.  Always depresses me, this; the usual reasons -- I didn't do it for a while, what will happen to these things when I am gone, I wish I could keep it up longer, that sort of thing.  Also depressing -- I should have done more today -- yes, I read, and getting the tree up was an achievement, but there was much more I could have done -- dusting, bathroom cleaning (I did the dishes), floor sweeping; all of these things, nope.  I nodded off twice (which may explain why I am up now), but... oi.

Watched Army-Navy while putting up the tree.  Two things.  One, you can really tell these teams don't pass much; I think most teams would have completed a lot of those passes.  Two... I can't help but think that both teams in a conference is a bad thing.  I would argue that the option-based offenses they mostly run rely on the novelty factor, and being an independent and picking their schedules... well, you can avoid that.  Yes, you may be playing more G5 teams and such, but you can get 7 wins or so more easily.  I can see why -- for scheduling and such -- they wouldn't want to, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home