Tuesday, December 05, 2023

A Sense of Injustice

 Obamacare caused higher profits, worse care, and lower costs (msn.com)
Why an expanded Obamacare is even harder to repeal today - POLITICO
I am beginning to think this is the infanticide debate with us Republicans again.  To be sure... it should be repealed.  For me, of course, there were the doubling of premiums (roughly), then the whole Obamacare plan during unemployment...where it was cheaper to buy insulin outside of my plan.  Oi.  Mind you, they keep billing me, too!  I have contacted my senior Senator repeatedly about this, and I am sure he and his crack staff will beat this down like his first wife.  I realize that many people have benefitted from this, but many people have not; ask anyone who has seen their rural hospital close.  To be sure, part of the problem for us is that we NEVER get these stories out there; if anything, every GOPer should be off challenging reporters on this during every press interaction.  I am not sure that would help, to be sure, but reminding reporters that they are partisan hacks who are bad at their jobs would be wonderful in many ways.

My sister finally got the family Xmas list to me, so now I can start my shopping for the family and friends.  Funny; normally I have much of it done by now, but this year, it seems, I have just not been in the mood?  Tired?  Out of it?  Adjusting to the new career?  Busy with other things?  All of the above, but it is still no excuse.  Hell, I still need to start the bathroom project; maybe during tomorrow's GOP debate I can do some web-searching.

In other news, I start a new insulin regimen tonight, sort of.  My MD suggested that I should take my base insulin at night (rather than first thing in the morning), as it works slightly better after a few hours, which would then take effect most when my blood sugar numbers climb.  He showed some data and stats (good) that most diabetics do it this way, you can avoid the damn phenomenon, so I am intrigued.  Of course, the first few weeks there is a chance I could crash during the night and not wake up.  I told him the same thing could happen if you get a hooker with the overnight rates, which he almost appreciated.  So if this is it... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home