Monday, November 27, 2023

Snowpocalypse

 Winter storm coming!  I mean, it's not even December, but in a year when we have Halloween snow, this is... not to be surprising?  Unpleasant, to be sure, but... well, let's just hope it is not too bad out west.  This will be a new commute for me, so... we will have to give it a try.  

Busy Sunday -- big Polish fest and then I helped out at the dinner for the priests after the Eucharistic Adoration (yes, I should have gone to the Adoration!), so it ended up being a long day (hence the lack of posting).  But it was nice to help out, do Polish things, eat good food, and be productive, in a way.  I need to do other things, of course.  For instance, the HELOC is now paid off in full, so I can now go and get the bathroom re-done.  I need to find a contractor to do it -- my Facebook query was not exactly successful so we will have to find some other candidates.

Speaking of other candidates, is it me, or is Texas A&M picking the wrong coach? I mean, winning at Duke is no small feat, and he put together some good recruiting classes.  But... Mark Stoops has been a winner for a longer period of time, an SEC coach for a decade, and, dare I say, has a longer period of sustained success?  I think Elko will be fine, and if he has the confidence of the AD and boosters, so much the better, but I am think they bypassed a good coach to get one where the jury is out.

The Long Goodbye | The Smart Set
Myt queue was not as long as this person's, but... I got the sentiment; I often described my queue as something I was interested in or wanted to watch six months ago, and for various reasons I never got around to watching items until many moons later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home