Sunday, November 12, 2023

Trials

 Busy day yesterday -- food pantry duty again and it was quite the zoo -- 171.  We were serving by 8:30 and fortunately the late crowd did not arrive quite so late, so we had NO clients by 11:55.  This was good, as we were able to move more boxes to the main room, take the trash out, take inventory, etc.  All of the produce went (we were stiffed on 1/3 of the order, which "helped") and the meat was largely decimated.  The canned goods were really hit hard, and I will make a large order tomorrow.  We are open only next week, but it will have to cover the first week of December, and we expect the same zoo crowds in that month.  I think we emptied five racks of clothes; can't say for certain, as I am the fastest typer there and I was largely chained to the computers.  Joy... actually, I am able to carry crap and I like to get a sense of how things are going outside.  Alas.  

Fresh revelations contradict Joe Biden’s sweeping denials on Hunter - POLITICO
This could be me, but 1) The man has a reputation for dishonesty and truth-stretching for decades, so this is hardly surprising, and 2) if the press really isn't going to go after him and his team for this, what's the point?  The fact that Politico -- of all people -- is bringing this up is fascinating to me, but...

Fr. Steve mentioned the case of Bishop Strickland at the Intentions at Mass today (a move that was not unexpected by yours truly).  I get a kick out of this, for a bunch of reasons, mainly from the school of "Pope complains that Bishop is too Catholic."  I know this will NEVER happen, but what if people there stopped donating their time, talent, and treasure?  OK, not everyone would, but what if half did?  I suspect that the people who go to Mass regularly and do so are more likely to support the Bishop Strickland school... so what if they pulled a capital strike (if you will) and kept their money close?  It would be a PR disaster if the various charitable efforts of the Diocese shut down now.

I was able to get through some links and articles today but not get to any of the 400 movies and TV shows I should be watching, which is... not good.  Also not good:  I misplaced a library book -- and by that I mean completely lost -- which is rare for me.  I have retraced my steps and located nothing, so I may have to man up, report it as lost, and call the library.  Sigh.  I wanted to really read it, so I could order it for myself at Amazon, but the prospect of buying two books is... unpleasant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home