Sunday, October 29, 2023

Joys Upon Joys

 The joy of Speaker Johnson was tempered by the sad news about the Mike Pence presidential campaign.  Honestly, the man deserved a better fate; one could argue he was the mature voice in the room for... well, four years?  I hate to think we can't find a use for him in our party somehow, somewhere.  To console myself, I resorted to this:

New House Speaker Thinks Creationist Museum Is 'Pointing People To The Truth' (msn.com)
Yes, our new Speaker is not only a Creationist, but a Young Earth Creationist who wants people to go to the Creation Museum (and the Ark!), which, as you can imagine, caused me to literally pee my pants with joy.  I then proceeded to find his podcast, and listened to a couple of them, and... well, I feel our country is in excellent hands going forward.

Helped out with the sale of Festival leftovers today.  We sold all of the food, though -- to be sure -- there was not that much left, as we sold it all at the Festival (the preferred route!).  Most people understood this concept -- -a good festival is a good thing -- but I did feel badly for people who expected the full range of stuff to buy.  We also "made" less money from this sale, but that means we sold it at higher margins during the Festival, which is...fine.

My friend Jarrett came by for a couple of hours with an intractable problem, of sorts.  I was able to help him -- and that was good! -- but I completely forgot that I wanted to get a light fixture for the kitchen, so my trip to Lowe's will be slightly postponed.   Alas.  I was doing some work on my other job when I realized that that had slipped my mind.  Oops.  I also skipped the food pantry paperwork, though I got the order in, which was fine.  I had duty this past Saturday, and while it was steady busy -- 109 -- it was also fairly calm; even the pain-in-the-rear clients seemed to stay away (mostly).  This was fine, as we were able to move stuff around (not that stuff really piles up anymore) and we beta-tested my idea to carefully count produce so we don't run out too early (and it worked!).  Next month of course it will be a giant zoo, and the fact that we have a blanket giveaway will only exacerbate that joy.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home