Friday, October 20, 2023

In the dark

 I have a new (first-world) problem; my main kitchen light fixture is on the fritz.  Now, for years I was told it needed a ballast (it has fluorescent bulbs) and worked...well, not fully, but well enough.  Now it is completely dark.  One would think this would be simple, but the fixture has -- and I am not making this up -- bulbs that are 39 inches in length.  This is not exactly standard in size; as a matter of fact, I have been to a couple of stores, and no one had even heard of this.  Sigh.  Now, the thing is 30 years old, so it could be time to replace it, but... we all know how I feel about spending money, I am trying to save for the bathroom, etc.  Alas.  

Yesterday I was doing other things and while I could have blogged, I decided to hit the hay; I had just fallen asleep, and then the low blood sugar alarm went off, and it was...back to square one.  Funny, I woke up at 6 and hit the gym (double today, it felt good) and felt completely fine, but as the day went on -- especially after lunch -- I felt some torpor.  I just had some coffee now (did some OC budget stuff) and now it is time to just go through things... this is mostly fine, I guess; I hear the rain coming down (and it has been coming down for a while) and I am like "who wants to leave the house?"  Of course, it is not snow, and that is fine with me.

'Then the alligators got him' - Inside Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant's 18-month downfall - ESPN
This could be me, but I don't necessarily think it is the alligators; maybe the family helped, but if Ja Morant did these things on his own, isn't that on him?  I realize the life and all of its temptations can cause all sorts of problems, but at some point, don't people have to see that it will end poorly?

I wonder who the next candidate for the Speaker will be... I mean, at this point, it really could be anyone, and if no one wants to vote for the guy (or gal)... that is an issue.  Literally anyone could sink a candidate, which is a problem in and of itself.  I am not sure Jordan ever had a chance, but it seems he played his hand...poorly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home