Saturday, October 14, 2023

Sleep

Today was... maybe not a waste, but... I slept.  Last night I did indeed go to bed early (ish) and skipped the clock-setting... so I guess I should not have been surprised when I woke up slightly before ten.  Ten!!  Anyways, it was noon before I got out of the house to hit the gym and do a couple of errands.  This was good, though; at least I did that.  Anyways, then it was home, where I finally cleaned the toilet and the bathroom and handled some paperwork.  I felt sleepy about 5 ish so why not lay down... and lo and behold, I woke up about 7:50.  Again, I guess I needed the rest, but to have spent so much time in bed... oi.  I had wanted to watch some movies, catch up on some work, etc., and that was...gone.  I also had to re-cancel and re-order my prescription for insulin, which the MD's office screwed up again.  Oi... I swear to God, if I had to do it again, I would enter the medical profession, as the lack of accountability is...incredible.  And frustrating.  

I did watch one movie:  "Klimt," the John Malkovich film from the 80s about the artist, who was... quite brilliant, but quite the character.  I rather like his works, but as a person...whoa.   Anyways, I think the movie was meh?  I mean, I think in some ways the film captured his way of life, but I would have liked more of a focus on his work, which would have been pretty cool -- in many ways it was quite revolutionary.   

One thing I need to do again -- maybe tomorrow?! -- is to start hitting restaurants.  I am employed again, I have some cash, and it has been a while since I have done so (save for the monthly dinner with my sister).  Winter is coming, which may clip my travel wings, but right now, at least, I can go and start doing what I enjoy again.  One never knows what one my find at these places, of course, but... that is the fun.  And it is not like my list has magically gotten shorter in the past few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home