Wednesday, September 27, 2023

A New Beginning

 No blogging last night as I went to bed early, or at least tried to... but I had immense difficulty sleeping, both falling asleep and then bouncing around all night.  This was surprising, as I started a new job today:  I am now a Pricing and Business Analyst at Kaman Aircraft Wheel and Brake in Avon.  Bit far, but the role is hybrid, and the commute so far was... quite smooth -- direct, on the highway, and sort of against the traffic flow.  Long may this continue.  As for the job...so far so good.   The people seem nice, and while it was odd to be back in the office again, it was also somewhat reassuring.  And, of course, full-time actual work is... well, the things ought to be, to quote one of the greatest American political thinkers ever.

Speaking of... the next GOP debate was tonight, and it was... interesting? Sort of?  Honestly, too many people, too much talking over people, too much not answering questions.... I mean, it wasn't that bad, and there were certainly moments...but on the whole this was much less entertaining and enthusiastic than the first one.  It seemed like DeSantis got less time, Vivek took more -- though the fight with Nikki Haley was entertaining -- and while they were attacking Trump, I do not think it moves the needle in the end.

The Mel Tucker thing continues to amuse me... I mean, I am not quite a fan of firing a guy before he is found guilty, but it might be just a business decision; even if he wins an appeal, he will just get a settlement.  Of course, teams shouldn't pay skidillions of dollars for mediocre coaching in the first place... especially in this day of concerns about university budgets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home