Friday, September 15, 2023

Working Through and Out

Today was a good day!  Hit the gym this morning and did some cardio and arms -- always good.  Then home for a spot of work, then off to a lunch meeting that went long, but useful, as I made some contacts and got some ideas for food pantry and other stuff.  A couple of food pantries are adopting kiosks -- clients use a tablet, basically, to "order" food, volunteers pack them, and there you go... I think it can work, but not for us, as we have 150 people at a time, and it would simply fall apart; places that are open a couple of days a week and space out the people can get away with it.  But it is not unwise.  Also... most places give a lot less food than we do, so you can pack a bag a lot more quickly.

Anyways, after, I had a spot of energy, so I went back to the gym (I had to drop something off at my sister's) and did leg day -- and more cardio.  This was quite good, because after the triumph of 179.9 pounds... well, I am at 184 now.  A bunch of reasons, none of them good, but I do need to hit the gym more (and, if possible, get some more cardio done), and today was a good as time as any.  Hell, after dinner -- and before J! -- I took a nice long walk just to try and burn off some more pounds.

I fell asleep after J!, sadly, for an hour, which compressed some of the things I wanted to do tonight, but... I did manage to delete a few links and burn through some emails.  We all know how I love those empty email folders and deleted links.  Anyways, tomorrow is another day, so maybe I can watch a movie or two, get some reading in, and maybe finish some of the cleaning and organizing I have been not doing.

(2) Tommy Tuberville's war - Don Surber (substack.com)
This is a take I have not seen, but -- as several friends pointed out -- has been gaining traction among the right side of the media.  I rather liked his comment about how we had only 7 4-star generals in WWII compared to 44 now, and -- honestly -- if his constituents support his stand on abortion (and I think they do) doesn't he have a right to represent their views?  

The Grave Evil of Unemployment - by Bryan Caplan (substack.com)
Having experienced this, I can assure you that this is mostly true!  There are a lot of good points here, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home