Saturday, September 09, 2023

Excitement

 So, last night's post is occurring now, because at about 10:40 last evening, I noticed a mouse run across the kitchen floor.  A mouse!!  In my house!!  As I told one of the food pantry people, if you think I am angry about the rodents there...  Anyways, this caused a flurry of activity on my part.  I hauled ass to Meijer (open til 12) and purchased a dozen glue traps.  I laid them on the floor by the stove (where I saw him run), wiped down the stove and the counters, cleaned the bathroom, took out the trash to the garage, and even put a couple in the bedroom by the baseboards (as recommended by the Internet).  I also started closing every door, carrying a broom, and wearing my steel-toe shoes in the house.  I don't want to think about the upcoming start of the J! season and my hobby of eating dinner on the living room while watching the show.  It was about 1:45 when I got to bed, and even then, I laid awake, as every noise (mainly outside) made me want to jump and attack.

I didn't set the clock last night (too much excitement) but when I woke up at 8:30 I was greeted by a most wonderful sight:  Mickey and Minnie stuck in two of the glue traps.  But...they weren't quite dead (I dummied into a Humane Society post that said it takes hours for them to die) so I had to go to the garage and get the coal scuttle (I need to buy a real snow shovel, obviously) to finish them off with a pop to the head (in so far as one can tell with a mouse).  Of course, we are NOT raising the victory flag here; today when I finally got out of the house I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a dozen more glue traps -- I need to replace to two I "lost," and I need to put a few in the garage (a possible infiltration source) after I sweep it out.  I have been thinking about cleaning out stuff there -- I took the scrap metal away last week and there is suddenly more space -- so this may impel some cleaning. 

Funny, as I have nothing to do (I hope) today and tomorrow (save for the usual work, look for work, etc.) and I had planned on cleaning the fridge -- wiping the shelves and drawers down, that sort of thing.  Now that is on hold as the glue traps are there, but I may re-attack the kitchen table.  Hell, I have a pile of mail to go through as it is!

One of my friends asked me if I was using a humane trap... I told them that mice are like Democrats -- they have no redeeming value, all they do is mooch off hardworking people, leave messes for others to clean up, and spread disease and filth...and as such, they ALL need a good smashing.  Whether I meant the mice or the Democrats is an open question by now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home