Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Refreshingly Cool

 I broke down and turned the AC on today... I had a zoom meeting today, had to be dressed-dressed on camera, and figured I should be somewhat comfortable.  While I am concerned about the electric bill, I figure it will not be that warm for that long, and it should not be that bad.  Besides, I have kept it at 79, so it has not been on full blast all day.  The meeting was fine -- social justice stuff, sort of a pain, and I am thinking that it is high time I pawn some of these things off on someone else.  Ha!  Anyways, I also met a friend for lunch, and while that was fine... he selected a place in Uptown, forgetting that Case was back in school, so there was no parking (I parked in Little Italy and hoofed it), and there was plenty of traffic -- not that there is NOT traffic there at that time.  All I can say is that we will be meeting next time in Parma or Independence, where there is ample -- and free -- parking.  Other than that, I worked today -- slowly going through a project, trying to be as thorough as possible.  I hope they are happy about that!

A few schools mandated masks. Conservatives hit back hard. (msn.com)
I read this, and I hardly doubt that this constitutes "hard."  I mean, there is pushback in many places, but there has been pushback for a while against masks, so that hardly is new.  Some places are instituting the mask returns anyways, but again... people have been doing that on their own.  I realize that the WaPo needs some propaganda to sell papers, but... this hardly seems a scandal.

Funny; the food rescue people from Hunger Network came through today with two rescues; one Thursday (one-time) and one Saturday (continuing).  This is hopefully good; free stuff is free stuff, depending on quality and all.  This is also good because all of this has been on my plate, so if this can be a regular thing... well, I am not a moron at the OC, which is a feather in my cap, not that I am counting, but...  I only hope that once these deliveries are set the other people who co-manage can handle them, but let us ust say that I have some minor doubts about that.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home