Saturday, September 02, 2023

Moping

Odd day; I really didn't feel like doing anything, and I didn't, really.  Ok, I finished the book I was reading, did some damage to the Games magazine pile, did some OC paperwork, but... not much else.  I woke up at 7 (I had planned to sleep as long as I could, and, of course, that was it) and hit the gym, but after... I had low blood sugar for most of the day, and my stomach was a bit rumbly, but... on the one hand, it was good to do nothing and just relax, but on the other... I feel like a wasted failure.

I did the OSU game, just because, and... it was... fine?  I don't know; it did seem Day called too many weak-side misdirection plays, and the inability to run up the middle is a problem, but I think the offense played better as the game went on.  I am not sure an Indiana team playing not to lose is a good barometer on the defensive side, but the defense seemed to avoid screwups, so there is that.  I tend to wonder if a team -- when it underachieves -- actually does so, or is the other team just playing better than expected?  Or is OSU trying not to use everything in the playbook to beat IU, and trying to work out their own kinks?  I can never tell, and it is probably too late to start watching football again.

A thought came across me at the gym...anyone ask Tara Vanderveer what she thinks of all this realignment?  Stanford is a top program, and while I suspect it probably does not make a difference, I am sure there are some coaches who will pointing out that anyone who goes to play for them will now be spending that much more time on an airplane... to be sure, there are lot of programs for which that now applies.  My sister and I were joking that our mother must have designed this one, given how it looks on the map...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home