Friday, August 18, 2023

Projects

 I should have woken up early and gone to the gym and done a double today; instead, I slept in a bit, did some errands in the morning, and caught up on stuff (which is what I have been doing tonight.  I would not say it is exciting or terribly useful, but... I am glad it is done.  I think we all know how much I like to see emails, bookmarks, and paperwork disappear.  

My food pantry duties expanded a bit today; not only did I help with the Friday dropoffs (an average amount, it appears, but useful given the short load yesterday) but I also logged into the website we use to record these rescues and entered them into the system.  It is not that complex, and I wonder why I didn't do it before, but... my cross-training is important, I guess.  I also discovered a deceased member of the rodentia family while moving stuff to fill one of the holes around the foundation outside.  This, as you can imagine, did NOT amuse me.  The dropoff guys were amused by my determination to fill that hole (sealed) and then to check as much of the floor and walls that I could for holes and gaps.  (We have pallets and racks in the way in some areas.)  I didn't find any, so that is good.  There are a couple of pipes I think I can seal (have to ask the custodian).  Honestly, we do have a lot of clutter in the place, and if I going to be unemployed and on Friday nooner duty... well, maybe I can start to handle those projects.  

Colleges Spend Like There’s No Tomorrow. ‘These Places Are Just Devouring Money.’ - WSJ
One would think -- especially in GOP-led states -- that they would be all over this, firing people, cutting budgets, that sort of thing.  But no.  It should NOT take an WSJ investigation to uncover this, and GOPers should be getting involved; we are technically conservatives against wasteful spending, so...

Ron DeSantis’ Campaign Is Flailing. Enter the GOP’s Debate Wizard. - POLITICO
Behold the influence of Liberty!  More seriously, this is a good thing, though I think you also have to go after Trump, especially if he skips the debate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home